We've moved. Please click here to view our new blog.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Story Jars

After  a recent trip to the toy store I saw THESE.  I couldn't believe the price!   We've done something similar on a larger scale HERE.  My girls LOVE this sort of thing so I decided to create my own.... Free of charge!  I searched the house for random small objects and grabbed a couple baby food jars.  I decided to do 15 objects per jar but you do not need to use that many.  I'm sure 10 would work just fine.  These are wonderful for telling stories on the go.  Place them in your bag/purse or leave one handy in the car.  They also would be great to take out to a restaurant or give away as gifts.  I'm sure you could also come up with some other fun games other than telling stories.  



I did 2 sets... One each for my older girls.


Close-up


Close-up


Ready to go!  

RL  

9 comments:

  1. Thought I'd share an idea we had the other day. My 2 1/2 year is very interested in shadows so we cut a piece of screening to look like Peter Pan's shadow and chased it around the yard. It was a big hit. We also tried bird shadows and hid them around the trees to find. It was a great day : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting idea!! My daughter will be 3 in August and she's starting to make stories up. I love it because she is all the time asking us to read her books and to make up stories for her. She provides the characters and part of the plot and we must do the rest. When I catch my daughter telling a story to one of her dolls, or even inventing the lyrics of songs (the latest hit is about a giraffe who's broken a leg), I remember of a video of our eldest daughter telling a story with some stickers. It's the end result of instilling a love of reading and learning in them and it's really heart-warming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful she sounds very creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is brilliant! It would be great for airports and dr visits, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you seen Rory's Story Cubes? They entertain us for hours. I laugh when my son organizes them from a story we told a month ago and I have to tell it again. Random is a ton of fun. We've been telling sticker stories for a long time. I love stickers so so much. When I was a girl my parents let me cover my closet doors with stickers. I still remember how cool they were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, RL has those story cubes. My son and I made "story rocks" the other day. We put sticker on each side of some smooth stones we have and told stories. Im gonna post about it soon.

      Sorry, RL, that I just hijacked this comment.
      AK

      Delete
    2. Very neat! Look forward to it. :) My 3 1/2 year old is a great storyteller. Every night after bath he does a song and dance and recaps our day. I love hearing his highlights sang and danced aloud.

      Delete
  6. I blogged about your blog today :) hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...